Posted by: Rhona Reid On February 15, 2023 2:42 pm
Are you doing Frugal February? For anyone not yet on board, Frugal February is exactly what you need after the expense and indulgence of the holiday season! It’s time to start saving money, instead of splurging!
Here’s Frugal February in a nutshell:
February is the shortest month, which makes it easier to succeed with!
Try to go no-spend, or at least low-spend for the duration of the month
Any spending should only be on essential items
Play board games, batch cook, take up crafting or a ‘free’ sport such as running
Make homemade toiletries!
Experiment with altering clothes for a better fit or new look
Tot up your savings as you go – it’s motivating to see your
Posted by: Rhona Reid On December 31, 2021 2:00 pm
The pandemic has focused the minds of millions on how to get healthier and stay healthy. As we head into a bright New Year, we’ve got some of the greatest tips to make 2022 your healthiest year yet!
1. If you smoke, stop. Stopping smoking is the most healthful thing you can possibly do for your body, so do everything in your power to quit, and be proud that you did.
2. If you drink alcohol, then cut down and aim to only take a drink on one or two evenings per week at most. Why not try Dry January in 2022? It can give you a valuable reset in your relationship with alcohol.
Can’t face the commitment of long-term health resolutions that leave you feeling like you’ve failed before you’ve even got started? We hear you loud and clear. Stop beating yourself up and start working your way through the only list of health resolutions you’re going to need this year. Clock up these small changes and see BIG results fast!
1. Whenever you can, walk there. When you get there, take the stairs to wherever you need to be.
We know that the best way to avoid a hangover is to steer clear of alcohol in the first place. However, it is the holiday season, and many people are tempted into drinking a little more of the hard stuff than usual.
It’s fun to celebrate, but no one wants to follow up a great evening with the dreaded hangover. We’ve rounded up the five all-time greatest ways to sensibly enjoy alcohol over the holidays and avoid feeling full-on Grinch the following day!
Posted by: Rhona Reid On December 30, 2020 12:00 pm
Planning on enjoying a few alcoholic drinks on New Year’s Eve? Then follow our 7 Smart Drinking Tips to make sure that you leap into 2021 feeling happy and healthy – and NOT suffering from the dreaded hangover!
1. You know the Big Night is approaching, so put some work in for a few days beforehand to prep your body and maximize its resilience. Take some exercise, make sure that your mealtimes focus on good, varied nutrition and whole foods, and make sure that you clock up plenty of sleep if you’re planning a late night.
2. Sticking with food, eat before the party starts. Enjoy satisfying, slow-release and nutritionally-rich foods such as avocado on whole grain …
For many people, 2020 is the Big One. It’s the start of a new decade and all of those promises that we keep making to ourselves about being healthier? This is the year that we get it done.
2020: The Year of the Hydrogen Water Ionizer
Maybe it’s the incoming new decade, but a growing consciousness about our health and the constant worry that tap water just isn’t good for us anymore, that’s prompted many people to make 2020 the year they buy a water ionizer.
There’s something a bit existential about the New Year. It prompts us to look back at what has passed, and then firmly look forward …