There are harmful things we do every day without even realizing it! On a scale of one to ten, how careful are you? Are you cautious by nature? How wide is your reckless streak, compared with that of your friends?
The thing is, even if you believe that you’re pretty careful about health and safety issues, there are a number of harmful things that most of us do, without even thinking.
Are you guilty of any of these?
1. Are you a Caffeine Fiend? Millions of us are, but too much of your favorite morning beverage can potentially increase blood pressure and anxiety levels. Long term, too much caffeine can even raise your risk of contracting heart disease.
2. Too Much Screen Time? It’s a myth that only teenagers need to be told to cut down on their screen time – we’re all doing too much of it. Aside from encouraging us to be too sedentary, too much screen-watching can result in tired, dry eyes and headaches.
3. Wash Your Hands. In a COVID19 age, we’re all washing our hands much more than ever before, but are we doing it enough? And are we doing it properly? Shared surfaces are all around us, and even the most innocuous touch can present a risk. Wash your hands front and back, around your fingernails and between the fingers, using soap/handwash and hand-hot water.
4. Late Night Movie Fan? A healthy sleep routine can be the key to unlocking less stress, more energy and even better weight management. Watching TV immediately before bed stimulates your brain and triggers a disruption in your melatonin levels, the hormone that influences your sleep. Try switching off the screens and reading a book instead!
5. Still Drinking Out of Plastic Bottles? Seriously, even if you ignore everything else, take this one away with you. Microplastics are a significant potential threat to human health and we all need to take whatever steps we can to reduce the amount we imbibe. As well as microplastics, the chemicals that plastic bottles are made from present their own health hazards. And what about the environment? When will we start to be collectively responsible custodians of our beautiful planet? Truth is, we all need to play our part. Switching disposable plastic water bottles for a water ionizer and refillable water bottles is an awesome start.
Any Other Ideas?
Are you ready to make some changes in your life? Do you have any of your own suggestions to add to our list? Let us know your views!
— Tyent USA (@TyentUSA) October 23, 2020