We know that dehydration is bad for health but what steps can we take to prevent it?
There are quite a few ways to ensure that you don’t become dehydrated – check out our top eight:
1. Dehydration occurs when your body has lost more water than it has consumed. To put things right – or rather to stop it from happening in the first place – make sure you drink enough water. That means around 7 to 9 8oz glasses of water, or around two liters, every day.
2. Know your body and be mindful of how you’re feeling. If you’re developing a headache, feeling grouchy or finding it hard to focus on a task, then the chances are that you’re starting to become dehydrated.
3. If you’re undertaking exercise, then you need to drink more. Try to consume between 6 – 12oz of water for every 15 minutes that you’re engaged in the activity. When you’re done, drnk more water to ensure that you’ve replaced lost fluids.
4. Check the color of your urine. If you’re healthy and hydrated, your urine will be a pale straw color. If your urine flow is darker than this, drink more water.
5. Making sure that your diet includes fresh fruit and vegetables with a naturally high water content is a great way to top up hydration levels. All types of melon, grapes, crisp lettuce and juicy berries all pack a hydrating punch.
6. If you’re ill with severe vomiting, fever or diarrhea, then as well as taking good care of yourself generally, you need to drink more water to replace what’s being lost.
7. Hot weather? Not so much of a problem at this time of year, but depending on where you live, it’s not so many weeks before temperatures start their steady climb towards summer. If you’re at the other end of the scale and the weather’s cold so you’ve turned up the thermostat, be conscious that being in a very warm house might mean that you need to up your water intake a little to counter it.
8. Mouth health is key: if the inside of your mouth, or your tongue, is starting to feel dry, then you could be on the way to becoming dehydrated.
Water That Tastes Great is Easy to Drink!
Drinking water is much easier when it tastes great and you know that it’s doing good things for your body as well. Water ionizers are the best way to drink safe and clean water that’s brimming with therapeutic, immune-boosting molecular hydrogen and antioxidants.
Fitting a water ionizer in line with your regular water supply is quick and easy. Having a state-of-the-art water ionizer at home means that the best-tasting, healthiest water possible is yours at the push of a button!
Save BIG in Our March Madness Sale!
Why not call up our friendly team at (855-893-6887) and ask about our amazing March Madness sale prices?