Are you talking about sleep hygiene yet? We all should be. A good sleep routine is the key to a happier, healthier life. Prioritizing the way you can achieve it, night after night, is essential.
Here are the top 10 ways to make sleep work for you:
- Stick with a regular bedtime
- Avoid caffeine after midday and cut out alcohol
- Make time for physical exercise
- Eat your evening meal early
- Get a pre-sleep routine
- Switch off screens
- Soothe your senses
- Create calm
- Stay hydrated with ionized water
- Take time to relax
1. Try to stick with a regular bedtime. Even if you have a late night or a restless one, try to still get up at the same time – a fluctuating body clock isn’t ideal. A sleep tracker can help with this.
2. Avoid caffeine after midday and try to reduce your alcohol consumption – both are stimulants that can interrupt or prevent a good night’s sleep.
3. Take some physical exercise during the day. Aside from supporting overall good health, physical exertion can help you to sleep more soundly at night.
4. Try not to eat too late in the evening: digesting a heavy meal at bedtime isn’t conducive to a restful, peaceful sleep cycle.
5. Have a regular pre-sleep routine. Cleanse your face, apply oils or lotions, brush your teeth and slip into fresh PJs, in the same order and at the same time each evening.
6. Turn off screens and phones at least one hour before bedtime.
7. Make sure that your bedroom is dark and quiet. Invest in blackout blinds, an eye mask and some earplugs if necessary, and keep any night lights to an absolute minimum.
8. Create a sense of calm, blissful retreat for yourself. Fresh bed linen, a scented candle with a light, simple fragrance – lavender is wonderful for encouraging sleep – and an aired room that is neither too hot nor too cold, will make you feel cossetted and calm.
9. Sip ionized alkaline water during the day so that you don’t need to load up on water before bedtime. Alkaline water from a water ionizer is more hydrating than regular water. Drinking it throughout the day keeps you hydrated so that you don’t need to interrupt your night’s sleep to make endless trips to the bathroom!
10. Whatever helps you to relax – books, music or some winding down stretches for example – work the time you need into your bedtime routine so that you don’t feel under any pressure to skip it.
A Good Night’s Sleep, Every Night
Be protective of your sleep routine, try out our 10-point plan and prepare to feel stronger, brighter, happier and healthier as a result!
What’s your sleep routine? Do you have any snooze-inducing health hacks to guarantee a good night’s sleep? Please share them!
4 thoughts on “10 Tips for The Best Sleep of Your Life”
will/does this water help relieve/prevent/reduce leg cramps??????
Hi, Walt. There have been studies about molecular hydrogen water being used successfully for inflammation and joint pain. Additionally, the presence of calcium in our hydrogen-rich alkaline water can also contribute to bone strength in the long run. We’ve got some great articles on inflammation, joint health, and calcium in Tyent Water if you’d like to learn more.
We can also discuss it further over the phone if you reach out to us at 855-893-6887.
I am happy with my system. I recommended Tyent to my friend
USMAN ALI–Phone number 416 887 2555
Hi, Abdul. We’re so happy to hear that! Thanks for recommending us, and we hope that Tyent continues to be part of your health journey.