All day, every day, you lose water from your body. Even while you’re sleeping, you’re losing water. The weather, the temperature, your environment and activity levels, among other factors, affect how quickly you lose water. In order to stay healthy and thrive, you have to replace it.
Most of us need around 8 eight-ounce glasses of water every day, which equates to about 2 liters.
But why? What exactly is all of that water doing for us? We take a look at hydration from the scientist’s point of view!
1. During sports or intense exercise, your performance is intrinsically linked with your hydration levels. Even mild dehydration can have a perceptible negative effect on your athletic prowess.
2. Although research in this area is somewhat nascent, it seems that being hydrated can help to reduce the chance of kidney stones reoccurring and might help to prevent them from forming in the first place.
3. …and sticking with the kidneys for a moment, drinking water can also help your kidney to function healthily overall.
4. Drinking water can make you feel happier? According to research – yes! Scientists have found that dehydration can negatively affect both mood and cognitive functioning.
5. Scientists believe that joint health can be improved by drinking water. As cartilage comprises up to 80% water, it makes sense. This comprehensive scientific study helps to explore why hydration and joint health are so closely linked.
6. Out with gout? Research suggests that drinking plenty of water can reduce the risk of recurrent incidences of gout.
7. Drinking water helps you to shed the pounds, according to research. Most people who have tried to lose weight know from experience that drinking a glass of water before meals can help to ‘take the edge off’ your appetite, so maybe this one isn’t such a big surprise!
8. Research into how headaches might be reduced or prevented by drinking water makes interesting reading. The speculation about how water intake affects migraine is also compelling!
9. Important to remember as the mercury soars in summer: drinking water is vital for regulating your body’s temperature.
10. Hangovers are no fun for anyone, ever. We all know that we should drink water before, during and after consuming alcohol, but why? The science behind why drinking water is key to feeling a whole lot better the morning after is fascinating stuff!
11. Water, hydration and health. We know that these three things are fundamentally linked, and this comprehensive look at their relationship is worth a read. The final line of the conclusion is particularly concise:
“Water is essential to our survival and to our civilizations’ and we hope this critical role will sharpen our focus on water in human health.”
We couldn’t have put it better ourselves. And the best water to drink? Ionized alkaline water straight from a water ionizer.
Water Ionizers – the Best Water, Every Day
Call up our friendly team now at 855-893-6887 to find out more!
Have you seen our Water Ionizer Cheat Sheet? Download your FREE copy today!