We know that antioxidants are good for us, but why exactly? Check out our top 15 reasons for making sure that you’re getting enough awesome antioxidants in your life!
1. Free radicals corrupt healthy cells and damage them. Antioxidants act as protectors; neutralizing the harmful effect of free radicals attacking your cells.
2. Antioxidants can put the brakes on the oxidation of skin cells, helping your complexion to appear more youthful, with plumped-up dewiness.
3. Free radicals can disrupt immune cells and impair a healthy immune response. The result? You feel exhausted and depleted of energy. Antioxidants go a long way to counter this.
4. A Urinary Tract Infection can usher in oxidative stress – antioxidants can help to fight it.
5. ‘Eat the rainbow’ by making sure that you pack in as many differently-colored vegetables and fruits as possible – red, orange, yellow, purple and greens – for maximum antioxidant variety.
6. Berries contain high levels of vitamins A and C – both believed to counter some of the cognitive effects of natural aging and can help to suppress neuroinflammation.
7. Carotenoids are the pigment molecules often found in yellow and orange plants, fruits and veggies. Once eaten, these carotenoids help to form vitamin A in your body – believed to help stave off age-related macular degeneration.
8. Grab your first dose of antioxidants with your morning coffee each day! The antioxidants found in coffee and tea are believed to have preventative qualities when it comes to heart disease.
9. Getting forgetful? Antioxidants could help to boost your memory!
10. Anti-inflammatory antioxidant treatment might help to relieve and improve symptoms of arthritis.
11. The National Cancer Institute published clinical findings in 2017 that:
“The presence of increased levels of exogenous antioxidants has been shown to prevent the types of free radical damage that have been associated with cancer development. Therefore, researchers have investigated whether taking dietary antioxidant supplements can help lower the risk of developing or dying from cancer in humans.”
12. A diet rich in a wide variety of antioxidant-packed foods has been found to have cardio-protective qualities, according to research.
13. Antioxidants can soothe a stressed-out liver and help this vital organ to overcome harmful oxidative stress.
14. Can antioxidants help to boost fertility? More research is needed, but some studies suggest that this might be the case.
15. If you smoke, do everything in your power to stop. However, while you’re working on that, research shows that eating plenty of fresh fruits and vegetables, rich in antioxidants, can provide some protective benefits to people with increased levels of smoking-related oxidative stress.
It’s all good news, right?
So apart from fruit and vegetables, where else can you get a slew of vibrantly healthful antioxidants?
Answer: in every glass of ionized, alkaline water from your water ionizer!
That’s right: antioxidant-rich alkaline water can help to support so many aspects of good health that it’s impossible to list them all here.
With incredible deals on right now, an unmatched 75-day trial period AND a Lifetime Warranty, why not find out for yourself?
2 thoughts on “15 Reasons Why You Need Antioxidants”
Fruits are one of my fave sources of antioxidants, actually. Glad you had them here. 🙂
How about alkaline water? Never heard of how that can help prevent oxidation.
Hi, Jojo. We’re pleased to know you love fruits and their antioxidant power!
Thanks for your question, too. To explain, the body needs to be in a state of slight alkalinity for optimal health. If it becomes too acidic, you will be prone to illnesses. Drinking alkaline water helps promote this alkalinity in your system.
Plus, Tyent’s alkaline water is full of molecular hydrogen, one of the smallest and most powerful antioxidants on earth. Molecular hydrogen can cross the blood/brain barrier and deliver unmatched energy and hydration from deep within your cells, thus leaving a more positive, longer-lasting impact on your body. Apart from antioxidants, our alkaline water also contains essential minerals like calcium, magnesium, zinc, and potassium (only if your source water already contains potassium).
When you combine the power of antioxidant-rich foods with alkaline water, your body will be as healthy as it can be.
We’d love to talk to you about this over the phone, so please give our water experts a call at 855-893-6887.