There isn’t anything more delicious than a creamy pudding. Unfortunately, most puddings are high in sugar that cannot only encourage weight gain, but inflammation as well.
Chia seed pudding is a very healthful swap for unhealthy traditional pudding! It is decadent, creamy and can be used as a snack, for breakfast or even dessert. Dr. Lori Shemek is back with another delicious alkaline recipe!
Why are chia seeds so healthy?
Here are the top 7 reasons to add chia seeds to your diet:
- Chia seeds are loaded with healthy omega-3 fat
- They are high in fiber – boasting 11 grams of fiber per 2 tablespoons
- These delicious seeds also have 4 grams of protein per serving
- Chia seeds are rich in antioxidants
- Chia seeds are an alkaline food – protecting you from disease
- Help to raise ‘good’ HDL cholesterol
- They keep hunger and cravings away – keeping you feeling fuller, longer
Coconut Vanilla Chia Seed Pudding
4 tablespoons chia seeds
1 cup coconut milk
8 drops vanilla liquid stevia
Strawberries, blueberries or other fruit for toppings
- Add ingredients to a single serving glass mason jars or bowl.
- Let settle for 2 minutes and mix with fork to remove and prevent clumping
- Cover the jars or bowl and store in the refrigerator at least 7 hours or overnight.
- When ready to eat, top with your favorite fruit or berries. Enjoy!
*Chia seed pudding can be stored up to a week in the refrigerator.
*You can use any type of milk or sweetener you prefer
Recommended Reading | Dr. Lori’s Vault