Have you ever tried to grow your own salad leaves? Now that the warmer weather and longer days are here, it’s a great time to start!
Growing loose-leaf, cut-and-come-again type salad leaves is easy; the results can be enjoyed quickly and if you have kids that want to get involved, even better!
Keep reading below to learn all about:
- How To Grow Your Super Salad!
- Seed Soaking For Faster Germination
- Kid-Friendly Greens!
- Are There Any Water Ionizer Deals Going On?
How to Grow Your Super Salad!
All you need is a container of some kind, with drainage holes. A window box or large pot in a sunny spot is perfect.
Here’s the easy method:
- Almost fill the container with potting/planting mix compost, leaving a space between the top of the growing medium and the edge of the container.
- Dampen the surface of the compost with water from your water ionizer. (Slightly acidic ionized water – around pH 6.5 – is ideal)
- Scatter your chosen loose-leaf salad seeds on the surface of the moist compost before sprinkling a thin layer of potting mix over the seeds to cover.
And that’s it! You should start to see shoots poking through, seeking out the light after only a few days.
Keep the container watered as the plants grow and as soon as the bright young leaves are big enough to cut, snip into salads and enjoy!
Rhona Recommends | 9 Tasty Alkaline Recipes To Make At Home
Seed Soaking for Faster Germination
Did you know you can also try soaking seeds in ionized water before sowing to get germination off to a flying start?
Just use slightly acidic water from your water ionizer, and soak for no longer than 24 hours, before sowing straight away!
View this post on Instagram
Zingy, super-fresh salad leaves are energizing, healthy, AND a great way to get kids to eat their greens.
Tender, mildly sweet shoots pinched off between a finger and thumb, are enticing even for children who usually turn their noses up at salad leaves!
You and your family can then enjoy delicious alkaline hydrogen water at the push of a button on the smartphone-style keypad (something else that kids love!).
Rhona Recommends | Why Should You Wash Fresh Produce With Alkaline Water?
Are There Any Water Ionizer Deals Going On?
Call our friendly team at 855-893-6887 to find out more about the health benefits of alkaline water and why getting a Tyent Water machine is the healthiest thing you can do for you and your family this summer!
Are you planning on potting up some salad or homegrown veggies this summer? Why not drop us a line to share your gardening ideas and tips?
- Everything You Need To Know About Healthy Eating
- Tyent Water Ionizers: Healthy Mouth = Healthy Body!
- Alkaline Water and Antioxidants