Are you getting a new water filtration system? Here are some of the pros and cons of the different water filtration systems in the market today.
Water Filtration System | Pros and Cons of the 5 Types
1. Water Ionizer Filtration System
A water ionizer is a water filtration system that raises the pH level of your water through electrolysis. It purifies your tap water and then separates the water into one acidic stream and one alkaline stream as the water that passes through it.
This is among the best water filtration systems to use because it offers an array of health benefits. By dividing the water into alkaline and acidic streams, you can reap the benefits of drinking water with an alkaline pH instead of drinking acidic water, which can have negative effects on the body.
Some benefits of using a water filtration system include:
- Has Natural Antioxidants: Alkaline water has natural antioxidants that help rid the body of harmful toxins. This boosts your immune system, gives you clearer skin, and aids in fat loss.
- Improves Hair Quality: Get rid of those chemical-infused, environmentally harmful hair products and start using Tyent acidic water instead! Just rinse your hair with the water daily, and you’ll have a fuller, stronger set of hair.
- Better for Showering: Most people don’t consider what water they use for showering but you should know that regular tap water contains chemicals like chloride, sodium, and magnesium sulfate that can harm the body. So if you want to take good care of your body, you need to use clean, filtered water when showering — so you’ll want to opt for a high quality shower filter. This is especially beneficial for both adults and children with sensitive skin.
- Prevents Oxidation: What sets Tyent water ionizers a notch above the rest is it infuses alkaline water with hydrogen molecules to create hydrogen water. Filtered hydrogen water is important in preventing oxidation in the body which may lead to complications such as diabetes, cardiovascular diseases, and even cancer.
- Better for Washing Fruits and Veggies: While tap water can remove dirt and soil, it also places new chemicals such as chloride on your food. The alkaline water produced by Tyent water ionizers is most ideal for washing your greens.
Of course, keep in mind that not every water ionizer on the market is safe. In fact, there are some cheap ones imported from China that pose various health hazards.
So if you want the best in the market, check out the water ionizers at Tyent USA. If these aren’t enough to convince you, then check out this list of 101 reasons why you should get Tyent’s alkaline water filtration systems.
2. Activated Carbon Filters System
You may not see it, but unfiltered drinking water actually has a lot of impurities. These include sediments, silt, and even small pieces of dirt.
If you’re used to drinking unfiltered tap water, then you might not mind it as much. But if you try drinking water from activated carbon filtration systems, you’ll notice a difference in its odor, taste, and color.
The science behind this is an activated carbon whole house water filtration system has filters that attract and absorb health-damaging particles. As such, you and your family can enjoy cleaner, clearer drinking water.
Some benefits of using activated carbon filters include:
- Makes Clean Water: It filters water to remove harmful particles.
- Better Flavor: Unfiltered water has a metallic flavor that may put some people off. That’s because unfiltered water contains traces of chlorine.
- It’s Cheap: If you’re looking for an affordable water filtration system, then you might want to try activated carbon filters. As compared to other systems, they’re relatively cheaper.
While they can clean water, activated carbon filters are definitely not the best water filtration system. If you’ll get this because you want to save a few bucks, then we suggest exploring other options.
Water ionizers are a bit more expensive, but well-known brands like Tyent offer installment plans on their topnotch water filter systems. Money should never be a hindrance in buying the best water filtration system in order to protect your family.
3. Reverse Osmosis Water Filtration System
Reverse osmosis filtration systems are abundant in both residential and commercial establishments. It’s perhaps the simplest and most affordable water filtration system, but it could come with a cost to your health in the long run.
Reverse Osmosis Definition: A process where the water streams through a series of semi-permeable, artificial membranes in the unit. This allows users to remove all impurities and bacteria in their water.
Through reverse osmosis, users can get cleaner, drinkable, and purified water. But while it may be clean, keep in mind that getting a reverse osmosis water filtration system also has a few disadvantages including:
- No Minerals: Unlike other filtration systems, reverse osmosis removes both good and bad impurities and minerals from your drinking water. This leaves you with plain, bland purified water that offers zero nutritional value.
- Doesn’t Hydrate Properly: Reverse osmosis water has been filtered to remove electrolytes and antioxidants. In fact, tap water might hydrate you even better.
- Bad for the Environment: To produce purified water through reverse osmosis, you have to expel around four to eight times as much waste as you would when using a water ionizer.
4. UV Water Filtration System
— Ken Holland (@northcountryken) February 6, 2018
While UV-filtered water is good for external use, it’s not advisable for users to drink it.
UV filters only remove certain bacteria and impurities. In fact, they leave behind heavy metals, VOCs, and even chlorine.
VOC Definition: The term VOC stands for volatile organic compounds. These are hazardous elements that may cause throat irritation, headaches, and nausea, among others.
Ultraviolet or UV filters are one of the gimmicks in water filtration procedures on the market today. Their main claim is to destroy the different bacteria and impurities in tap water through UV radiation.
Some advantages of using a UV filtration system for external use include:
- Cleaner Water: Through UV filtration you can remove more than 90% of bacteria in your tap water. This allows users to enjoy clean, purified water for external use. Just be sure to have a back up for your drinking water since you don’t want to drink water that’s been through a UV filter.
- Environmentally Friendly: A UV water filtration system uses very little heat and chemicals. It’s good for people who want to minimize their carbon footprint.
- Tasteless and Odorless Water: Tap water has a distinct metallic taste. UV filtration effectively removes that. Again, since they leave behind VOCs, be sure not to drink this water.
Important Note: Since UV-filtered water is not meant for consumption, beware of water ionizers with this feature.
5. Infrared Filters System
Infrared Filters System pic.twitter.com/FkrGv4z2ki
— ✖ She ✖ (@_sherwen) April 23, 2019
Similar to UV water filtration systems, infrared filters are fairly new in the market. The machine exposes the tap water to infrared light to remove bacteria and impurities.
They can give you clean, clear water that contains almost zero harmful bacteria. But just like UV water filters, they also leave behind traces of chlorine, VOC, and heavy metals.
Infrared-filtered water is also not advisable for drinking purposes. Perhaps the only thing that makes this system better than its UV counterpart is it softens water.
These are just some of the pros and cons of the different water filtration systems in the market. Overall, the best whole house water filtration system to get is the one that suits your family’s needs.
Make sure to check if it’s environmentally friendly, produces healthy water and removes harmful bacteria. Remember to explore your options to see which one produces the best water.
What water filtration system do you use? Share it with us in the comments section down below!
- Filter Facts: Why A Water Ionizer Beats A Pitcher Hands Down
- Water Ionizer Test Results Revealed!
- What You Need To Know About The Alkaline Diet