No matter how itâ€™s dressed up or presented, successfully losing weight depends on eating the right things, in the right quantities for your body and level of physical activity. Â If you are consistently consuming more calories than you burn, then youâ€™re not going be dropping a dress size anytime soon.
Indulge and Still Lose Weight!
All very simple in theory, but itâ€™s harder in practice to eat “right” the whole time. Â Sometimes, a slice of pecan pie can reach places that a raw quinoa salad canâ€™t. Â
Wouldnâ€™t it be great if we could be disciplined for â€“ I donâ€™t know â€“ some of the time and allowed to indulge a little as well without ruining our efforts? Â
The 80/20 Diet
So step forward the 80/20 rule! Â
You “eat clean” 80 percent of the time and indulge for the remaining 20 percent. Â Sounds ridiculously easy, but it works, with many celebrities and health writers espousing itâ€™s benefits. Â Weâ€™ve rounded up 5 great 80/20 tips to get you started!
- Know Your Food. Â You have to be clued into whatâ€™s in your food and how it is processed by your body. Â For example, nuts are bursting with good things and are nutritionally dense but theyâ€™re also high in fat. Â Likewise, ready meals might be calorie counted but they can also contain high levels of salt and artificial ingredients.
- Great Plate! Â When eating “clean,” the easiest way to do it is to make sure your plate mostly contains fresh vegetables alongside a portion of carbohydrates and protein. Â In short, vegetables are your best friend if youâ€™re trying to eat healthily. Â
- Keep Moving! Â Any healthy eating plan works better if you regularly exercise. Â Prioritize the time to do whatever kind of workout works for you and youâ€™ll see results much faster.Â
- Plan Your Treat! Â Decide what youâ€™re going to indulge in for your no-guilt, full-fat 20 percent treat and allow yourself to really look forward to your reward!
- Drink Lots of Tyent Water! Â This is another great way to see results faster. Â Tyent water delivers hydrogen, antioxidants and hydration in every glass, and can help with reaching and maintaining a healthy weight in all kinds of ways.
Is 80/20 For You? Â
Thereâ€™s still time to get into great shape for the holidays, so if youâ€™re planning to try the 80/20 diet then let us know how it goes and share some of your own great tips for success! Â