We all need to drink more water. Make it a 2019 resolution with these easy ways to get more H20!
In this article:
- Make It Part Of Your Routine
- Add Slices Of Fruit Or Veggies To A Pitcher Of Water
- Drink A Glass Of Water Before Each Meal
- Keep A Large Jug Of Water Close By
- Use Hydration Apps To Track Your H20 Intake
- Eat Your H20!
- Use A Time Marked Water Bottle
- Link Water to Activities
10 Creative Ways To Drink More Water
1. Make It Part Of Your Routine
A great way to drink more water is to find a way to incorporate it into your routine!
Think about your day and how you usually spend your time. Are there extended periods when you’re not keeping yourself hydrated?
If there are, then maybe you can make a habit of drinking water at those intervals.
For instance, you’re probably not getting hydrated while you sleep at night. Why not try drinking a glass of water before you hit the sack and right after you wake up?
2. Add Slices Of Fruit Or Veggies To A Pitcher Of Water
Let’s face it, water, well, tastes like water! And sometimes, we just want to drink something that’s more exciting and flavorful.
You can try to add a little flavor to your water by adding slices of fruit or vegetables. Try including some lemon wedges, cucumber slices, or mint leaves in your water.
An added bonus: you’ll get some additional nutritional benefits because you’ll absorb some of the fruit or veggie’s vitamins and minerals!
3. Drink A Glass Of Water Before Each Meal
Did you put on some extra weight because of all the holiday eating? A great way to lose weight and keep yourself hydrated is to drink a glass of water before each meal.
Studies have shown that people eat less if they drink a glass of water before meals. This is because water makes you feel full, so you don’t feel the need to eat as much as you normally would.
4. Keep A Large Jug Of Water Close By
The “out of sight, out of mind” phenomenon is very real. If you don’t see water nearby, you’re more likely to forget your hydration needs.
That’s why it’s important to keep a large jug of water nearby. It’s easier to drink water when it’s within arm’s reach.
An added bonus: it’s great for our environment, too! By using a jug, you’re less likely to buy single-use or disposable plastic water bottles to keep hydrated!
5. Use Hydration Apps To Track Your H20 Intake
There are countless ways our lives are made easier by smartphones. Here’s another nifty way we can use them!
Download a hydration app to help track how much water you drink in a day. You can also use these apps to set up goals and alerts to remind you to fill up.
6. Eat Your H20!
There are other ways to hydrate besides drinking water. You can also increase your intake of water-rich vegetables and fruits.
Here are some water-rich veggies:
- Cucumber (96% water)
- Lettuce (96% water)
- Celery (95% water)
- Zucchini (95% water)
Here are some water-rich fruits:
- Watermelon (92% water)
- Strawberries (91% water)
- Cantaloupe (90% water)
- Grapefruit (89% water)
What a yummy way to keep hydrated!
7. Use A Time Marked Water Bottle
If you have a water drinking schedule in mind, then a time marked water bottle might work for you!
Here’s what you need to do to make a time marked water bottle:
- Buy a reusable and transparent water bottle.
- Measure the water bottle and divide it into 6-8 equal parts.
- Draw a line for each of the parts.
- On the first line, write the time you usually wake up. For example, 7:00 AM.
- On the second line, write the time that’s one hour later than the previous one. For example, 8:00 AM.
- Do the same for the succeeding lines until the last line.
- You may have to make two or three bottles to keep hydrated every hour during your waking hours.
The line for each hour indicates how much water you should have consumed by the indicated time.
Time marked bottles help you stay on schedule, keep you motivated, and stay on track to reach your personal hydration goals.