Along with the rest of America, we’ve been talking about lead in school water recently.
There is a lot of information out there and sometimes, it helps to take a bird’s eye view of what’s happening and where:
- What Is My State Doing About Lead?
- What Is the Get The Lead Out Campaign?
- What Are the Goals of the Get The Lead Out Campaign?
- Are Millions of Americans Affected by Lead?
- Can a Water Ionizer Get the Lead Out of My Water?
What Is My State Doing About Lead?
Environment America has helpfully produced this state-by-state map along with some emotive language about how the regulations in place at the moment are failing to keep children safe from exposure to lead.
We send our kids to school and pre-school to learn, play, and grow. Knowing that children are exposed to a dangerously potent neurotoxin during their school day is very troubling for parents across the country.
“Lead exposure is associated with neurological impairment, such as learning disabilities and decreased IQ, even at very low levels. In fact, there is no safe level of lead for children.” – Eleanne van Vliet, MPH, Environmental Health Consultant
Thankfully, there’s a new campaign out there that are pushing to get the lead out of our schools, once and for all!
Rhona Also Recommends: Water Quality Testing: Does Your State Need It?
What Is the Get The Lead Out? Campaign?
Environment America launched the Get The Lead Out campaign to coordinate a response to the frightening headlines about lead exposure in our schools and information that’s seeping out from different levels of government.
Rhona Also Recommends: Can an 11-Year-Old Really Change How Lead in Water is Identified?
What Are the Goals of the Get The Lead Out Campaign?
A list of state and community-level recommendations to help get the lead out of our schools include:
- Replacing any water fountains, water-bearing parts and cooking facilities that contain lead.
- Observe the 1 part per billion (ppb) standard for lead in school drinking water, as recommended by the American Academy of Pediatrics.
- Transparency around lead testing, infrastructure, and plans for remedial action.
- Secure and ring-fence the financial resources needed to remove lead in school and pre-school water.
The recommendations for the federal government amount to two main issues:
- More regulations that actively protect children
- More money to fix the problem
Are Millions of Americans Affected by Lead?
The reality is that children are incredibly vulnerable to the harmful effects of lead.
Current statistics indicate that lead and other deadly contaminants are present in the municipal water supplied to millions of American homes.
Lead is odorless and cannot be seen or tasted.
In fact – many other toxins are as equally undetectable.
So, how can you make sure that your family is drinking safe water at home?
Can a Water Ionizer Get the Lead Out of My Water?
View this post on Instagram
Installing a water ionizer can be done quickly and easily, and we can even help spread the cost with an attractive and straightforward monthly payment plan!
A Tyent water ionizer machine is plumbed in line with your main water supply – filtering the water with our leading, state-of-the-art filtration technology.
Unlike standard household filters, our 4-stage Chromium-6 Filters remove:
- 99% of lead
- 99% of Chromium-6
- 99% of mercury, beryllium, uranium, and fluoride (when a 2-bank or 4-bank pre-filter system is fitted)
What’s more…Tyent Water is delicious (which means it’s easy to get the kids to drink plenty of it!)
Rhona Also Recommends: How a Water Ionizer Makes Great Tasting Water That’s Safe to Drink!
Where Can I Go for Incredible Water Ionizer Deals?
This is an AWESOME time to buy a water ionizer…and we happen to have some jaw-dropping deals going on right now that you can’t afford to miss!
Why not get ahead of the hydration game today so you’re all set for the long, hot summer days that are just around the corner?
Share this article with your friends and family!