Hey everybody…it’s Fun Friday!
Here are a few worthless facts to ponder while waiting for the clock to strike…whatever time it is that you get off work today.
- An ostrich’s eye is larger than its brain (I know people with that very same condition)
- Rhythm is the longest word in the English language without a vowel
- Earth is the only planet not named after a god
- Elephants are the only animal with 4 knees
- In English, the word “Set” has more definitions than any other
- 6/4 of all people have trouble with fractions
- Women blink nearly twice as often as men (probably at what men say)
- The word Queue is the only word in English that is pronounced the same when you remove the last 4 letters
- The average person laughs 10 times a day (not nearly enough)
- One quarter of all the bones in your body are located in your feet
Don’t you feel a little smarter now?
- The ant can lift 50 times its own weight, can pull 30 times its own weight and always falls over on its right side when intoxicated (I had an Uncle that could do that last one)
- Clans of long ago that wanted to get rid of their unwanted people without killing them used to burn their houses down – hence the expression “to get fired”
- The dot over the letter “I” is called a tittle
- Hong Kong is the city with the most Rolls Royces
- The percentage of land in Africa that is wilderness is 28%, North America’s wilderness covers 38%
Okay then, being that it is Friday, August 1st, I leave you now…with a video that I am sure will put a smile on your face and maybe even give you a laugh. Then you’ll only need nine more to be average!
If you love babies and pets, it is hard to beat a video that incorporates both. This one does that.
Enjoy, and I wish you a very Fun Friday!
http://www.world-english.org/facts.htm Worthtless facts