Learn how alkaline water can be a natural remedy for constipation in this article.
In this article:
- What Is Constipation?
- What Causes Constipation?
- How Do You Get Things Moving Again?
- Why Do You Need to Drink Alkaline Water?
- How Do You Use Alkaline Water as a Natural Remedy for Constipation?
- Tyent Water Can Help with Constipation
Why Alkaline Water Is a Natural Remedy for Constipation
What Is Constipation?
Constipation is a digestive condition where a person has hard feces, making it difficult to release. Mostly, it happens because the colon has absorbed excessive water from the food you eat. This situation occurs when the food moves slower in the digestive tract, allowing more water for the colon to absorb. As a result, feces become hard and dry.
What Causes Constipation?
Have you been feeling a bit “backed up” lately? Almost everyone has experienced constipation in their life. The following are some of the causes of constipation:
- You don’t drink enough water.
- You’re not getting enough dietary fiber in your diet.
- If you have irritable bowel syndrome, you tend to suffer constipation more frequently.
- You’re not getting enough exercise.
- You’re taking a medication that causes constipation.
- Pregnant women also have a higher risk of constipation because of hormonal changes.
- You drink too much soda, caffeine, or alcohol, which all cause dehydration.
- You eat too much red meat, dairy, or processed food.
- Aging can slow down a person’s metabolism, which results in less intestinal activity.
- There are changes in your routine that affect your digestive system, resulting in constipation.
How Do You Get Things Moving Again?
There are many ways on how to relieve constipation. Some of which do not sound too pleasant. These remedies include the following:
- stool softeners
- fiber supplements
There are also much easier ways and natural remedies for constipation that only require some simple lifestyle changes. Here are some examples:
- Get more exercise. The more you move, the better you keep everything else in your body moving too. Try to get at least 30 minutes of exercise every day. You can start with a beginner’s exercise if you’re not into workouts. Just don’t immediately perform an intensive workout because you’ll be forcing your body to move too much, which is not advisable. Do it slowly, increasing the intensity level and period of exercise.
- Increase your fiber intake by eating a high-fiber diet. Some high-fiber foods include bran, nuts, beans, grains, broccoli, purines, figs, and most fruits and vegetables.
- When you gotta go, you gotta go! Don’t delay going to the bathroom! If you feel the urge coming on, don’t hold it in. If you don’t listen to the call of nature, your colon will absorb the water from your stool, making it hard to pass.
- Increase your water intake with ionized alkaline water. If you don’t have enough water in your body, the large intestine soaks up the water from your food waste. The result is hard stools that are difficult to eliminate. Drinking ionized water would be the best addition to your daily routine. Tyent Water is restructured into smaller molecules, which makes water easier for your body’s cells to absorb. Alkaline water helps improve blood circulation, as seen in this video, which increases the blood flow to your intestines. More blood to the gastrointestinal tract can lead to more digestive enzymes and stronger intestinal contractions.
By implementing a few simple lifestyle changes, you can keep things moving in the right direction.
Why Do You Need to Drink Alkaline Water?
Alkaline water alone does not treat constipation, but adding it to your regular diet can make a difference. One reason that alkaline water is a natural remedy for constipation is that it’s more hydrating than tap water. Water molecules in alkaline water become smaller because it goes through the process of ionization. These smaller molecules perform better at permeating cell walls, resulting in superior hydration.
Another reason is that alkaline water helps balance intestinal flora. The good bacteria in your stomach flourish in a low-oxygen environment. Alkaline water facilitates this environment by giving your body an additional supply of hydroxyl ions that remove oxygen in the gut. A research found out that alkaline water aids in easing many digestive issues and in reducing intestinal fermentation.
How Do You Use Alkaline Water as a Natural Remedy for Constipation?
Alkaline water doesn’t work the same way as drinking laxative when you’re only experiencing constipation. Drinking this water is more of a prevention than a cure, but drinking it while constipated still helps resolve the issue faster.
Aside from adding alkaline water to your diet, you should also aim to make this as your regular water at home instead of just tap water. Get your own water ionizer and drink plenty of alkaline water every day. Start by replacing your morning coffee with a glass of alkaline water instead. You should avoid drinking the water right before meals though as its high alkalinity may interfere with the body’s ability to digest protein from the food you eat.
Tyent Water Can Help with Constipation
View this post on Instagram
Make your gut happy and healthy with delicious Tyent alkaline water. It helps keep your gastrointestinal tract happy, rich in molecular hydrogen and antioxidants. #tyentusa #alkaline #water #waterionizer #waterfilter #health #guthealth #antioxidants #hydration #drinkmorewater
Here is one success story proving that Tyent Water can be a natural remedy for constipation:
“My daughter, Kiersten, has had severe constipation problems since she was born. Her doctor has her take laxatives daily, and sometimes they don’t even work and she gets really bad pains. She is a really picky eater, so she’s not getting the fiber she needs naturally. The one lifesaver has been Tyent Water. Since she likes the taste and agrees to drink it, she has been having regular bowel movements and has no more stomach pains.”
To find out more about Alkaline Water, check out this video by Aaron Doughty:
Alkaline water is indeed a natural remedy for constipation, which adds more reasons for you to switch to this water from the normal tap water. Don’t wait for constipation symptoms to occur and start drinking this incredible water now. After all, prevention is always better than cure.
Do you have other home remedies for constipation you would like to share with us? We would love to hear them in the comments section below!
Editor’s Note – This post was originally published on April 23, 2013, and has been updated for quality and relevancy.