As you’re reading this sentence - there are people around the world right now that don’t have access to clean water. Today is World Water Day, a day committed to changing that.
To catch you up to speed on how World Water Day is addressing the global water crisis – here’s what we’ll unravel below:
- What Is World Water Day?
- What Is the Theme of World Water Day 2019?
- World Water Day Facts
- How Can I Help End the Global Water Crisis?
- What Part Can a Water Ionizer Play in the World Water Crisis?
Why World Water Day Is Celebrated
What Is World Water Day?
World Water Day aims to raise awareness that clean water is a basic human right.
However, billions of people don’t have access to safe water.
This is really sad – because everyone has the right to clean water!
It doesn’t matter who you are or where you live…a reliable source of safe drinking water is a fundamental human right!
What Is the Theme of World Water Day 2019?
The theme for 2019 is all about reaching out to people around the globe while focusing on marginalized groups, such as:
- Indigenous Peoples
- Disabled people
By 2030, the goal is clean water for all: leaving no one behind.
World Water Day Facts
Established by the United Nations in 1993, World Water Day raises awareness about people living without clean water and helps to achieve the aim of safe water for all.
The statistics are alarming:
- More people die from drinking and using unsafe water than from war or any other acts of violence.
- Globally, 1 in 3 people does not have access to a toilet.
- More children under the age of five die from lack of access to clean, safe water than from diseases such as malaria, measles, and HIV/AIDS combined.
RELATED | 7 Fast Facts About Hydrogen Water!
How Can I Help End the Global Water Crisis?
It’s really easy to get involved and to do our part!
On a personal level:
- Be aware of your water footprint and conservation.
- Turn off the tap when you brush your teeth and take shorter showers in the morning.
- Find out where your water supply comes from and be mindful of how you use this precious resource.
What Part Can a Water Ionizer Play in the World Water Crisis?
View this post on Instagram
If you use a water ionizer machine at home, then not only do you have access to clean, delicious water…
You’re also helping to play a positive part in the world water crisis!
Installing a water ionizer at home means waving goodbye to single-use plastic bottles as well.
You won’t even need to worry about what's in your water either!
The filters in every Tyent water ionizer removes over 200 contaminants, including:
- 99% of lead
- Up to 99% of mercury, beryllium, uranium, and fluoride (when a two-bank or four-bank filter is added).
You’ll get to enjoy complete peace of mind and all these incredible alkaline water benefits!
Why not give our team a call today at 855-TYENT-US (855-893-6887) and find out about our amazing March Madness deals?
Happy World Water Day, from your friends at Tyent USA!
- Why Drink Alkaline Water?
- Amazon Has 5 Star Ratings for Tyent Water Ionizers!
- What Does Hydrogen Water Do?