Alkaline Water for Acid Reflux
Have you been feeling the burn? We’re not talking about your muscles burning from strenuous exercise or your skin baking in the hot summer sun. We’re referring to that burn you get deep in your chest after you eat certain foods. More than 60 million Americans experience acid reflux at least once per month. So, let’s talk about the causes and symptoms of acid reflux and how alkaline water can help.
Causes of Acid Reflux
- Eating large meals
- Lying on your back after a large meal
- Eating certain foods such as tomatoes, chocolate, garlic, onions or spicy or fatty foods
- Drinking certain beverages including soda, alcohol, coffee or tea
Symptoms of Acid Reflux
- Heartburn – is a burning pain or discomfort that can move from your stomach to the middle of your abdomen and chest.
- Regurgitation – is the sensation of acid backing up into your mouth or throat, producing a sour or bitter taste.
- Dyspepsia – is a term for stomach discomfort. This includes burping, experiencing nausea after eating, bloating and suffering from abdominal pain.
Can Alkaline Water Help With Acid Reflux?
A 2012 study concluded that “pH 8.8 alkaline water instantly denatures pepsin, rendering it permanently inactive. In addition, it has good acid-buffering capacity. Thus, the consumption of alkaline water may have therapeutic benefits for patients with reflux disease.”
This means that alkaline water has been proven to combat the acidity associated with acid reflux. Has Tyent Water helped you with your heartburn? How fast did you feel it starting to work? We would love to hear your success stories in the comments below!