Turkey & Bacon Panini With Chipotle Mayonnaise
Today’s recipe makes one of the most delicious sandwiches you will ever eat. With Thanksgiving coming up you’ll need some new ways to use that left over turkey and this is a great one. However, you don’t need to wait that long.
Panini – noun, (puh-nee-nee) a toasted sandwich usually made using Italian bread.
If you have a Panini machine great. If you don’t, no worries, you can make these sandwiches like you would a grilled-cheese sandwich right in the skillet and they are every bit as good.
This sandwich is very flavorful and the combination of flavors creates a taste treat that will leave you saying, “I’m going to make these again!”
They adobo sauce has a kick to it but can be cut back next time if you feel it’s a bit too spicy for you. I recommend that you try it this way first. It’s really not too hot if you enjoy a little spicy.
You will need:
- 8 slices of bacon (I use maple flavored, yum)
- 1 tablespoon of butter
- 2 cloves of minced garlic
- ½ red onion, thinly sliced
- 3 cups of fresh spinach leaves
To make the chipotle/mayo spread
- ½ cup of reduced fat mayo
- 2 chipotle peppers in adobo sauce, minced
- 1 teaspoon of adobo sauce from the chipotle peppers
- 8 slices of your favorite bread (Italian preferred)
- 4 slices of Provolone cheese
- ½ pound of turkey meat (deli meat works just fine)
Makes 4 sandwiches
- If you have a Panini machine, use it according to manufacturers directions, if not, heat a skillet with some butter in it over medium heat
- Cook the bacon the way you like it and place on paper towels to drain off grease
- Throw the garlic and onion into your heated skillet and cook until the onion is soft and translucent
- Stir in the spinach and cook until wilted-about 2 or 3 minutes
- While the onions and spinach are cooking, stir together the mayo, minced chipotle and adobo sauce in a small bowl
- Spread the mayo over 4 slices of the bread and add a slice of cheese to each
- Divide the turkey and place on the sandwiches and place 2 pieces of bacon on each sandwich and top with the spinach mixture
- Place in the heated Panini machine or skillet and cook until golden brown
Served up with some chips or fries and a side and you are in for a taste treat that is hard to beat.
I hope you try this Panini recipe because it really is delicious.
At my house we drink a lot of iced tea and people always ask what kind of tea we use because ours is always so much better than the iced tea that they make at home. It’s the same with the lemonade. Friends and family always ask what brand we use.
The super filtered water created by our Tyent machine not only removes the bad taste and drastically reduces the chemicals of ordinary tap water, it infuses it with minerals and makes it not only safe to drink, but healthy for you as well.
Tyent Water. That’s the secret to any water based drink you make at home. Our coffee has a smoother flavor as well.
To learn more about Tyent Water, please follow this handy link. tyentusa.com.