Top 5 Cancer-Fighting Foods
For most Americans who don’t use tobacco, the most important cancer risk factors that you have control over are body weight, diet and physical activity. Eating a healthy diet may greatly reduce your risk of developing cancer. The American Cancer Society recommends that you eat at least 2 ½ cups of fruit and vegetables each day. In addition, researchers are finding that certain foods are particularly useful in protecting you from cancer. Here is a list of some of those foods.
1. Garlic – Several studies show that people who eat a lot of garlic are less likely to develop various kinds of cancer, especially in digestive organs.
2. Berries – Berries are full of antioxidants which fight off free radical damage to your cells that may cause cancer.
3. Tomatoes – Tomatoes contain a large amount of an antioxidant called lycopene. Tomatoes can help guard the DNA in your cells from damage that can cause cancer.
4. Cruciferous Vegetables – Cruciferous vegetables include broccoli, cauliflower and cabbage. These vegetables have been found to have components that protect you from free radicals that damage your cell’s DNA.
5. Green Tea – Tea contains antioxidants called catechins, which may help prevent cancer by fighting off free radicals. Studies have shown that catechins can shrink tumors and reduce tumor cell growth. Green and black teas both contain catechins, but green tea has more antioxidants.
On a side note, did you know that Tyent water ionizers are the official water ionizer of the Oasis of Hope Cancer Treatment Center? It’s no wonder that we receive so many heartfelt testimonials from customers who found a new lease on life.
Do you incorporate any of these cancer-fighting foods into your diet?