Even the best products in the world sometimes need to be replaced. Chef’s knives become dulled, race car tires wear down and Tyent water ionizer filters become less effective after an extended period of use.
Luckily, changing the filters on a under the counter Tyent water ionizer is extremely simple and can be done in just a few steps.
The Dual Filtration System – UCE Water Ionizers
All UCE water ionizer models contain two filters housed in the unit that sits hidden below your counter top. These filters are responsible for screening out harmful chemicals and bacteria while maintaining the mineral content of your water.
- Primary Filter: ACF Carbon Filter that absorbs excess chlorine, detergents and sediments
- Secondary Filter: 0.01 micrometer ceramic filter that eliminates bacteria and other contaminants
Every Tyent water ionizer filter can filter approximately 950 gallons of water before it needs to be replaced. That usually equates to about 6 months of regular use, but the life span of you filters may vary. Anytime you notice water taste or quality drops, the filters may need to be replaced.
How To Replace Your UCE Filters
To change the filters on your Tyent UCE water ionizer, follow the steps below:
- Turn off the water ionizer and and unplug the unit from the outlet
- Shut off the water supply to the unit and turn off the faucet
- Open the door of the unit and observe the two filters
- To remove a filter, pull the bottom of the filter toward you so it is at a slight angle and turn counter-clockwise to loosen
- Repeat step 4 to remove the second filter
- Replace the expired filters with fresh water ionizer filters from Tyent USA by placing the new filter in the appropriate portals and turning clockwise to tighten (Hand tighten only!)
- Plug the water ionizer back in and turn on the water supply
Now that the filters have been replaced, you need to reset the filters.
How to Reset Filters: UCE Water Ionizers
- Press the bottom of the LCD screen to access the “Filter Reset” menu
- Press the “F1 Reset” icon twice
- Then, press the “F2 Rest” icon twice
Now that your filters have been changed and reset, allow pure water to flow through the unit and new filters for 3 minutes before resuming regular use of your water ionizer.
For anymore support assistance with you Tyent UCE water ionizer, visit the support page on the Tyent website or call .
4 thoughts on “How To Change Your Water Ionizer Filters: UCE Models”
I was kind of lost with how to change my filters and couldnt find the purchasing guide I had. So thanks for the article! Real easy to follow, even if youre not much of a techie like me.
Hi, JJ. Sure thing! We’re here to make sure you’re happy with your Tyent water ionizer machine.
If you still have any questions, contact our technical support line at 855-893-6887 and we’ll gladly assist you.
Okay, this is easy to follow. Much appreciated.
Hi, Michelle. We’re glad to hear this!
If you have any other questions, please call our technical support line at 855-893-6887 and we’ll happily help you out.