Staying hydrated is an essential part of staying healthy, for both people and their furry friends. But when you give your pets tap water to drink, they ingest harmful chemicals such as chlorine, chloramine, fluoride, heavy metals and even pharmaceuticals.
You certainly donâ€™t want to drink that contaminated water, and you shouldnâ€™t give this water to your pets either! You can find out the quality of your local tap water with this FREE water reportÂ here.
Research has shown that animals can reap the same benefits of alkaline water as humans. In a 2008Â study conducted by the University of Pennsylvania School of Veterinary Medicine, dairy cows that drank alkaline water had increased milk production, healthier skin, higher bone density, stronger legs and fewer illnesses.
Since animals have a faster metabolism than humans – animals experience these alkaline water benefits more quickly. These alkaline water benefits include:
- Smoother, shinier and softer fur
- Fresher breath
- Increased energy
- Stronger bones
- Less smelly droppings
Our petsâ€™ diet consists mostly of meat, which increases acidic waste in their body. Alkaline water helps to neutralize this acid imbalance.
In addition, the antioxidants in ionized alkaline water that contains molecular hydrogen (H2) help neutralizes and eliminate toxins and free radicals from your petâ€™s body. Hydrogen water is easier for your pet’s cells to absorb directly due to the small size of the molecular hydrogen in the water.
RULES ON GIVING YOUR PETS ALKALINE WATERÂ
- Start your pets off with the lowest setting for alkaline water from your Tyent water ionizer and keep them at a pH of around 9.0. You should keep your pets at level 1 – as there is no need for pets to go to a higher level than that.
- If your pets are on medication, donâ€™t give them ionized alkaline water one hour before or after giving them the medication. Alkaline water can interfere with the medicationâ€™s absorption rate.
- Donâ€™t offer alkaline water with your pet’s meals. The higher pH of alkaline water neutralizes the stomach acids that are needed to break down food and absorb nutrients. Instead, offer your pets regular, purified water for mealtime.
OTHER USES FOR IONIZED ALKALINE WATER FOR PETS
- Use turbo acidic water from your Tyent water ionizer machine on your pet’s cuts, scrapes, and bites. The antibacterial properties of alkaline water can help prevent infection!
- Spray level 1 acidic water on your pet’s fur after giving them a bath to keep their coat soft and shiny.
Pets are wonderful additions to our lives, and we treat them as an important part of our families. So of course, we want to do our best to take good care of them. Giving your pets alkaline water from a Tyent water ionizer is one way to keep them happy and healthy!
Weâ€™ve shared some pictures of our staffâ€™s pets hereâ€”and please feel free to post pictures of your pets too! We would love to see them!
If you don’t currently have a water ionizer at home to make healthy alkaline water for your pets – let us help you get up to speed on the top tips and facts about water ionizers that can save you time and money with this FREE cheat sheet.
You can also learn more about the benefits of alkaline water for your pets by giving our friendly customer care team a call now atÂ 855-893-6887.Â
We wish you and your pets a happy and hydrated day!