PETS AND ALKALINE WATER
Staying hydrated is an essential part of staying healthy, for both people and their furry friends. But when you give your pets tap water to drink, they ingest harmful chemicals such as chlorine, chloramine, fluoride, heavy metals and even pharmaceuticals. You can find out the quality of your local tap water here. You certainly donâ€™t want to drink that contaminated water, and you shouldnâ€™t give it to your pets either!
Research has shown that animals can reap the same benefits of alkaline water as you. For example, in a study conducted by the University of Pennsylvania School of Veterinary Medicine, dairy cows that drank alkaline had increased milk production, healthier skin, higher bone density, stronger legs and fewer illnesses. And since animals have a faster metabolism than people, they experience these benefits even more quickly than you. These benefits include the following:
- Smoother, shinier and softer fur
- Fresher breath
- Increased energy
- Stronger bones
- Less smelly droppings
Our petsâ€™ diet consists mostly of meat, which increases acidic waste in their body. Alkaline water helps to neutralize this acid imbalance. In addition, the antioxidants in ionized water help neutralize and eliminate toxins and free radicals from your petâ€™s body, especially since the smaller molecular size of the water makes it easier for their cells to absorb.
RULES ON GIVING YOUR PETS ALKALINE WATERÂ
- Start your pets off with the lowest setting for alkaline water and keep them at a pH of around 9.0. You should keep your pets at level 1 as there is no need for pets to go to a higher level than that.
- If your pets are on medication, donâ€™t give them ionized alkaline water one hour before or after giving them the medication. The ionized water can interfere with the medicationâ€™s absorption rate.
- Donâ€™t offer alkaline water with meals. The higher pH of the water neutralizes the stomach acids that are needed to break down food and absorb nutrients. Instead, offer regular, purified water for mealtime.
OTHER USES FOR IONIZED WATER FOR PETS
- Use turbo acidic water on cuts, scrapes and bites. The antibacterial properties of this water help prevent infection.
- Spray level 1 acidic water on their fur after giving them a bath to keep their coat soft and shiny.
Pets are wonderful additions to our lives, and we treat them as an important part of our families. So of course, we want to do our best to take good care of them. Giving them ionized alkaline water is one way to keep them happy and healthy!
Weâ€™ve shared some pictures of our staffâ€™s pets hereâ€”and please feel free to post pictures of your pets too! We would love to see them!