CAN ALKALINE WATER HELP CURB SUGAR CRAVINGS?
Why do we crave sugar?
Many of us crave sugar to help increase our energy levels, especially during that afternoon slump. Another reason we crave sugar is because it just tastes so good! The problem with getting energy from sugar is that it wears off quickly, often referred to as crashing.
Daily Recommended Sugar Intake
The American Heart Association offers the following recommendations for daily sugar intake:
- Men: 9 teaspoons (36 grams)
- Women: 6 teaspoons (24 grams)
- Children: 3 teaspoons (12 grams)
What should you do when a sugar craving hits?
- Chew gum: Chewing gum may help reduce sugar cravings. A large variety of flavors can help curb your craving!
- Eat some fruit: You’ll get fiber and nutrients in addition to the sweetness you’re looking for.
- Wait it out: Do something to distract yourself, and the craving should go away. Go for a walk or call a friend.
- Just give in . . . sometimes: It’s OK to have some sweets once in a while. Just use moderation and try to stick to 150 calories.
- Stay hydrated: Drink alkaline water!
Can alkaline water really help curb sugar cravings?
Give your body what it really needs, not what you think it craves. Sometimes you think you’re hungry, but you’re actually thirsty. What could be better than a nice, tall glass of antioxidant-rich ionized alkaline water?
Alkaline water tastes fresh and pure. It also gives you more energy than sugar—and not the jittery kind! Ionized water has an abundance of oxygen, which is great for your cells. Check out the changes to your blood that occur after drinking alkaline water. Now that’s energy!
So the next time you get that yearning for a piece of candy, try drinking a big glass of ionized alkaline water instead. Your craving should go away, and you’ll get a little bit of pep in your step!
Let us know if this works for you, because it sure works for us!