Top 5 Anti-Aging Foods
Exercise and a healthy diet are both important steps in gracefully aging. Did you know that certain foods are also good at preventing or reducing the effects of age-related disease? Here is a list of the top 5 anti-aging foods.
1. Berries: Berries are rich in flavonols, anthocyanins and antioxidants. Darker berries provide the best anti-aging benefits because they have the highest amount of antioxidants.
2. Red Wine: Drinking one glass of red wine daily is good for you! Red wine is full of antioxidants, including resveratrol. Resveratrol may help prevent blood clots, reduce cancer risk and lower bad cholesterol. Moderation is key, so limit yourself to only 1 glass per day.
3. Avocado: Avocados are rich in folates, Vitamin E, potassium, monounsaturated fats and antioxidants. These have all been shown to reduce cholesterol, improve skin health and lower blood pressure. Avocados are also alkaline!
4. Garlic: The anti-aging benefits of garlic include lowering cholesterol and blood pressure, reducing inflammation and protecting and maintaining healthy cells. Eating garlic also helps to boost your immune system.
5. Tyent Water: Ok. We get it. Water isn’t technically a food, but Tyent Water has some of the best anti-aging properties. Notice how the foods listed above contain antioxidants? Well, Tyent Water is loaded with antioxidants! What could be easier than drinking a glass of water to get your daily boost of anti-aging antioxidants?