Drinking enough water should be a priority every day of the week, but there are a few instances where you should be extra-aware of chugging enough H20. Pick up a durable water bottle to keep your water cold and refreshing, and stay hydrated in these situations:
1. Stay hydrated when you’re sick. If you’re ill, your body expends some of your internal fluids trying to fight off the virus or bacteria. And you don’t want to add symptoms of dehydration (like headaches and constipation) to the sickness you’re already fighting, so make sure to drink plenty of water while you’re recovering from sickness.
2. Stay hydrated when you’re exercising. In an effort to cool you down, sweating depletes your body of fluids. Replenish your body’s water supply after working out with a nice glass of ice water, which will do double-duty to lubricate your joints after all that strain. Plus: If you’re properly hydrated, you won’t get tired as easily during your workout and you’ll be able to stay on top of your game (or your treadmill!) longer.
3. Stay hydrated in hot weather. For some of us, it’s hot in our geographical area all year-round. For others, we only have to worry about hot-weather hydration during the traditional summer months. But whatever your circumstance, if the air conditioning is on and the sun is blazing, you need to consume plenty of water to compensate for all the extra work your body is doing to keep you cool.
4. Stay hydrated when you’re trying to lose weight. To lose weight, we all know that you have to exercise more and consume fewer calories. But adding more water to your daily diet can help you feel more full if you’re trying to eat less. Try drinking a full glass of water before meals—you’ll likely reduce calorie intake because your stomach is filled with water.
5. Stay hydrated when you’re an older adult. Our bodies’ ability to conserve water diminishes as we get older. If you’re in the older adult category, consider asking your doctor for a recommendation of how much water you should drink every day, and keep a checklist to make sure you reach that goal every day. This will help guard you against potential illness and help your body cope with any existing conditions, like osteoporosis or diabetes.
In all of these instances, you’ll get the maximum health and hydration benefits from each drop of water by switching from tap or bottled to alkaline ionized water, the most beneficial and advanced water available. You can ionize your regular water to get these benefits from one of Tyent’s water ionizers. Check out the full line of Tyent water ionizers .