Protect Yourself From Montezuma’s Revenge!
Montezuma’s revenge, Delhi belly and turkey trots are all also known as traveler’s diarrhea. Do you get the chance to travel abroad for vacation? Maybe you have to visit other countries for work instead. Whatever the case may be, drinking tap water while in a different country may lead to some not-so-pleasant results. As estimated 10 million people develop traveler’s diarrhea every year.
What Causes Traveler’s Diarrhea?
Traveler’s diarrhea is caused by certain bacteria, including the following:
- Escherichia coli (E. coli)
Here’s where you’ll find these types of bacteria:
- Undercooked or raw food
- Contaminated food
- Contaminated water (including ice cubes)
What Are the Symptoms of Traveler’s Diarrhea?
- Diarrhea (obviously)
- Abdominal cramps
- Lack of energy
How Do You Protect Yourself From Traveler’s Diarrhea?
- Avoid contaminated food.
- Filter your water! While we normally frown upon bottled water, it is sometimes a necessity in countries where the tap water considered unsafe to drink.
Tips for choosing the best bottled water when in a pinch:
- Look for bottled water with a high pH, at least an 8.0. Companies who offer high pH water will brag about it on the bottle.
- If you cannot find high pH bottled water, then you can filter generic bottled water using the TYgo and/or pHandOrp. Both of our travel alkalizers create clean, fresh-tasting alkaline water with healthy minerals.
Know before you go!
- There are a lot of foreign countries where the tap water is considered potable and safe to drink. Only use your TYgo or pHandorp with tap water that is considered potable. As you know, most tap water (even potable water) should be filtered further, and it’s always great to be able to filter it and make it healthy. The best way to accomplish both is with our alkalizers. So, no matter where you are traveling, don’t forget to bring your TYgo or pHandOrp on board.
Have you ever suffered from this pesky ailment? What do you do to protect yourself while you travel abroad?