Every day, you should consume antioxidants, those natural fighters of free radicals and disease, which we all could probably use more of. Antioxidants protect your body’s cells from heart disease, diabetes, cancer, and many other immune problems, so it’s a good idea to intentionally squeeze them into your diet (unlike soda or sodium!).
For some sneaky ways to get more antioxidants into your body and to maximize your health benefits from them, try these five antioxidant-rich tips.
- Brighter is better. At the grocery store, but can’t remember which foods have the most antioxidants? Go for the fruits and veggies with the brightest colors. Blueberries, watermelon, tomatoes, and corn are each vibrantly-hued foods that are full of antioxidants. In general, vegetables and fruits with bright colors are the most antioxidant-saturated.
- Reach for the java. Caffeine is an antioxidant, and coffee is currently the number-one source for antioxidants in the American diet. That doesn’t mean you should skip the produce and rely exclusively on your morning brew du jour, but enjoying your morning coffee does contribute antioxidants to your daily quota.
- Cook with olive oil. Instead of cooking with plain cooking spray or butter, start cooking with olive oil to add antioxidants to whatever you’re whipping up. Olive oil is made of unique plant compounds that may slow the development of cancer cells. To reap the most benefits, choose extra-virgin olive oil instead of pure or light.
- Eat the right spice. You can consume more antioxidants by cooking with a few special spices. Cinnamon, oregano, and ginger add tasty flavor and nourishing antioxidants to your diet. Even if you don’t cook often, ordering restaurant food made with these spices can boost your antioxidant levels.
- Drink alkaline water. Normal tap water transforms into an antioxidant-rich elixir for your health after it’s been ionized. All water rejuvenates us, but a glass of fresh alkaline water contains as many antioxidants as a glass of orange juice, with none of the calories and sugar in a serving of O.J. With Tyent USA’s lineup of the best water ionizers available, you can consume as many glasses of antioxidant-packed alkaline water as you like every day.
Our newest ionizer, the Under Counter Extreme 9000 Turbo water ionizer, lets you pour alkaline water straight from your faucet into your cup, while hiding the nuts and bolts beneath your countertop. The UCE 9000 makes your kitchen an antioxidant factory to help you take your health to the next level. Thanks to the science of Tyent’s water ionizers, antioxidants can be as simple to consume as turning on your faucet.
3 thoughts on “Five Tips to Get More Antioxidants in Your Body”
[…] more of them by squeezing a few antioxidant-rich fruits and veggies into your daily meals, and start drinking alkaline water from a Tyent water […]
Hi, these are short and handy tips. I will keep this article in my bookmarks in case I need it again.
Hi, Kellan. We’re very happy to help! 🙂