How to Clean Your Water Ionizer Machine
How long have you owned your water ionizer?¬† During this time, have you ever cleaned it?¬† Not the outside of the machine, but the actual plates.¬† Tyent USA recommends that you clean your ionizer water cell once every six to twelve months, depending on your source water and how much buildup may be on your plates.¬† To do this, you need a Citric Acid Ionizer Cleaning Cartridge.¬† This cartridge screws right into your machine and washes away any calcium that may have accumulated on your plates during use.¬† Using a Citric Acid Cleaning Cartridge every six to twelve months is a smart and easy way to protect your water ionizer investment.
The Citric Acid Ionizer Cleaning Cartridge expires after up to FOUR uses within a 48-hour time period! Please make sure to follow the step-by-step directions below to ensure proper usage and prevent any damage to your ionizer.
Directions For Use:
1) Turn off your ionizer and shut off the water supply going to the unit.
2) Locate the filter housing of your ionizer and remove the 2nd Filter.
3) Attach the Citric Acid Ionizer Cleaning Cartridge.¬† Do NOT overtighten!
4) Turn on both the power to the ionizer as well as the water supply.
5) Run water through the ionizer using the H20 CLEAN mode. DO NOT use any other mode when going through this cleaning process!
6) Allow H20 Clean water to cycle for 5 minutes.
7) Do not operate the machine for 3 hours.
8) After 3 hours, follow steps 1-4, replacing the Citric Acid Ionizer Cleaning Cartridge with the original filter.
9) Run the unit on the H2O cycle for 5 minutes to wash the filter inside with clean water.
10) Check pH levels of the machine and flow rate.¬† The pH levels should return to normal.¬† If not, repeat steps 1 through 9.¬† The process can be repeated up to FOUR times with one cartridge in a 48-hour time period.
NOTE:¬† When cleaning your Tyent machine, be sure to always use the H2O purified water level only!¬† Do not use any other level while cleaning or damage could occur.
NOTE:¬† If your water ionizer is subject to hard water conditions, a Cell Safe Anti-Scale filter should be connected.¬† This filter will prevent scale build up on plates.
Your ionizer water cell is now clean and protected against future scaling! Repeat this process every 6-12 months or as necessary based on source water conditions. If you have any further questions or concerns, please contact us at 1-855-846-8950.
To purchase your Citric Acid Ionizer Cleaning Cartridge, click here: