Itâ€™s entrenched in our learning from a young age – work hard. Â If you want to succeed, put the hours in. Slog away. Â
But we need to rethink that a little. Â Your brain isnâ€™t a machine. Â Itâ€™s a brilliant, complex, organic organ. Rather than flog it like a mule, to get the best out of your brain, you need to treat like a thoroughbred racehorse. Â
Weâ€™ve “brainstormed” five ways to improve your brainâ€™s performance by just making a few tweaks to your lifestyle.
- Work smarter, not harder. Â Research shows that the brain responds most favorably to working intensively for 60 minutes followed by 10 minutes resting time. Â Itâ€™s known as the 60-10 rule. Â Your brain needs time to refuel in order to perform at itâ€™s brilliant best, so give it some downtime.
- Feed Your Brain. Â Â Certain nutrients are excellent for cognitive function, with omega-3 at the top of the list. Â Good sources include tuna, salmon, sardines, walnuts, broccoli, pinto beans and pumpkin seeds.Â Â
- Reduce Stress. Â In a busy life, this is a hard one, but you really must take steps to reduce stress levels to help your brain work properly. Â Too much stress can damage your brainâ€™s ability to process memories and to retrieve past events or knowledge.Â Â
- Exercise Your Brain. Â Â Your brain needs blood pumping efficiently around your body, delivering precious oxygen, in order to thrive. Â Aerobic exercise in particular is great for stimulating essential brain activity.Â Â
- Hydrate Your Brain! Â Â We saved this vital one for last, but itâ€™s one of the most important. Drinking plenty of water improves cognitive function and regulates all kinds of neural processes. Â If your brain becomes dehydrated, it actually shrinks slightly. Â It then has to work much harder than a properly hydrated brain. Â Drinking plenty of hydrogen-rich, antioxidant Tyent water is possibly one of the very best things you can do for your brain!Â Â
Of course, all of these things are important for good health anyway. Â But when you know that a few simple changes can directly help your brain to be healthier and smarter, then itâ€™s definitely worth a try! Â
Want to learn more about Tyent Water Ionizers? Click on our fantastic Cheat SheetÂ for more amazing facts! Â